Think of Arisia as a party for several thousand of your closest friends, some of whom you haven't yet met.
Things to do before the convention:
- Buy a Membership
- Sign up for the email progress reports
- Learn how to use Arisia's online tools, such as Discord
- Look at the Schedule or Pocket Program PDF (available on our Publications page)
- Read about our Guests of Honor (GOH)
- Read the Arisia fan community's Arisia Survival Guide and Packing List
Things to do at con:
- Visit the Dealers Room and the Art Show
- Check the main page throughout the con for live updates
- Read the Clear Ether newsletter each day for news and updates
- Visit open parties via the the party board, Clear Ether
Help make Arisia even more awesome!
Volunteering is a good way to meet folks and learn about how the convention works. If you spend at least six hours helping with load-in and setup, you can get a free membership to the convention. If you volunteer for at least 12 hours during the convention you can get a membership to next year's convention.
Volunteer as much or as little as you like at Team Arisia HQ in the Westin's Revere room.
Arisia might be a virtual convention, but you should still get a flu shot. The sooner, the better. If you have health insurance, it's free and you can probably get it at your local drug store.
Follow the "5-2-1 rule". In each 24 hours, get at least five hours of real sleep (not just resting your head on your keyboard), eat two real meals, and take one shower or bath.