Think of Arisia as a party for 4,000 of your closest friends, some of whom you haven't yet met.
Things to do before the convention:
- Buy a Membership
- Sign up for the email newsletter
- Get a Hotel Room (if you don't want to commute)
- Read the Directions and Parking info
- Look at the Schedule or Pocket Program PDF
- Read about our Guests of Honor (GOH)
- Read the Arisia fan community's Arisia Survival Guide and Packing List
Things to bring:
- Snacks for the hotel room
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Portable phone charger
- Dancing shoes if you want to dance
- Costumes, if you want to dress up
- Any medicine or medical equipment you need
Things to do at con:
- Pick up your badge in the Westin Grand Concourse, lower level
- Get a "First Arisia" ribbon in the Team Arisia HQ (Quincy room, Lobby level)
- Visit Dealers Room and Art Show
- Check out meals through the food options
- Check the main page throughout the con for live updates
- Find the printed Clear Ether newsletter each day for news and updates
- Visit open parties via the the party board, Clear Ether, or flyers throughout the hotel
- Go for a late night swim - the Westin pool is open until 3am.
Help make Arisis even more awesome!
Volunteering is a good way to meet folks and learn about how the convention works. If you spend at least six hours helping with load-in and setup, you can get a free membership to the convention. If you volunteer for at least 12 hours during the convention you can a membership to next year's convention.
Volunteer as much or as little as you like at Team Arisia HQ in the Quincy Room (lobby level).
Everyone eligible should get a flu shot. In order for it to be effective, you need to get it at least three weeks before con.
Follow the "5-2-1 rule". In each 24 hours, get at least five hours of real sleep (not just napping with your head on a gaming table), eat two real meals, and take one shower or bath.
If you are commuting daily, we have coat check rooms. The Westin also operates a bag check. The coat check and bag check are free, so we recommend tipping the hotel staff.